Animal Adventurers - "Dog Training Basics"
Sit! Down! Stay! In this workshop, your child will learn dog training basics. Using a positive reinforcement approach, a PHS dog trainer will teach the children how to use a dog clicker for training, how to use rewards like treats or toys to teach dogs basic commands and how to best communicate with dogs. Shelter dogs will be used to demonstrate training techniques. Your child will make an interactive dog puzzle toy to take home for their family pet or donate to a shelter dog.
Cost: $20 per child.
For: Children ages 8 - 12 years old
Once registered, you will be emailed the following forms:
- Indemnity Waiver and Release of Liability Form
- Authorization for Emergency Treatment
- Photography Release Form
Please bring the completed forms with you on Saturday, July 22, 2017.
- Space is limited to 20 participants.
- A parent must check-in their child for the workshop at 12:45pm in the PHS Classroom. Parents are welcome to stay for the entire workshop, but this is not required.
- The workshop will end at 2:30pm and a parent is required to pick-up their child from the PHS Classroom.
- Parking can sometimes be difficult on Saturdays. Please allow time to find parking in case the PHS underground garage is full.
- Parent must show their photo ID in order to pick-up their child.
- If your plans change, you may cancel up to 24 hours prior to the workshop for a full refund.